Saturday, November 03, 2012

Selective Benefits

On my way to class I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for my usual morning cup of coffee and I noticed a new sign by the register. It said "AARP DDiscount". After seeing that I was curious to see what other benefits AARP offers to their members to entice more people to sign up and eliminate any kind of Free Rider Problem they may face. On there website they have an entire list of discounts that are given to members.I was surprised to see the wide variety of selective benefits that are given by AARP. Some of them made me wish I was able to join the group. Based on Olson's reasons for successful groups and what we covered in class, such as finding ways to get people to join to stop the Free Rider Problem and keeping the group from being latent, AARP has become the powerful special interest group it is today.

No comments: